What is BirdDogStakes.com?
BirdDogStakes.com is an easy to use website for hunt testers and field trialers in AKC® Performance Events for the Pointing Breed.
What can I do on BirdDogStakes.com?
If you hunt test or field trial in the above events, this site is for you! You can:
- Search all AKC® HT/FT events
- View your dogs' qualifications and placements (from 2009 on)
- Create a free account to store your dogs' information for easy access.
- Create the Official AKC® entry forms for events
- Enter into participating events using any Credit Card or PayPal account
- View the 'BDS Real Time Vizsla Top Ten'
- View judges' assignments
I am a Secretary and would like to know more about Online Entries on BirdDogStakes.com (BDS).
When you participate in 'Online Entries', you are offering your participants the option to quickly and easily enter and pay for their entry.
- Create free account
- Add their dogs' info
- Find an event, click Enter
- Click on the dog they wish to enter (the info auto-populates)
- Check out using any Credit Card or PayPal account
- Entry form is automatically sent to the participant and the club secretary
- Let BDS know you would like to offer online entries
- Add the BDS logo to the premium (if you need help with this, we are happy to help!)
- Let us know when you would like to stop taking online entries
- Access the Secretary page for Online Entries on BDS to view the details of the entries submitted
- Let us know how you would like to be paid
There is no cost to the club. Participants pay credit card fees only. Example fees:
- $25 entry fee - $1.06 fee
- $50 entry fee - $1.80 fee
- $75 entry fee - $2.55 fee
- $100 entry fee - $3.30 fee
- $125 entry fee - $4.04 fee
- $150 entry fee - $4.79 fee
The club will get complete payment once the 'refund' period is over and the closing date/time has passed. The default end date (last day/time BDS will take online entries) is the closing day and time on the AKC® website. This date can be modified upon request. Payment is made to the club via Check, PayPal or Zelle.
If a participant scratches, and it is prior to the date payment is made from BDS to the club, the club may make a request to BDS to refund the participant.
I use other software and don't want to change how I am doing things. Can I still offer Online Entries thru BDS?
Absolutely! If you would like the opportunity to give your participants the option to pay online and continue to "secretary" however you wish to "secretary", BDS is the perfect option!
BDS gives you access to all of your participant entry and payment info along with other tools, such as entry data export (to Excel and/or Field Events Software® (developed by Don Bonnice)), payment reports, the ability to create O/U and L/R running orders, export the running orders and generate the AKC® Results Report*. *The Running Order and AKC® Results Report tools will only be completely useful when all participants enter via BDS.
I am a participant and would like to enter an event.
There are 2 types of events to 'enter'. Participating and Non-Participating in Online Entries. If a club is participating in Online Entries, you will have the option to 'Check Out' after step 3. Events are notated accordingly.
Non-Participating Events - For these events, you can create the entry form to print and/or email to the club with your payment. To do this:
2. Add Dog(s) - Enter your dogs' information to use on the entry form. This information will be saved for your convenience. *One Time
3. Create Entry - Find your event, click 'Enter', click on the dog you wish to enter, select your stake(s), add your phone and email and click 'Create Entry Form'. This generates the offical AKC® Entry form. You can print and/or email the form along with your payment to send to the club.
Participating Events - For these events, you can create the entry form and pay online. To do this:
2. Add Dog(s) - Enter your dogs' information to use on the entry form. This information will be saved for your convenience.*One Time
3. Create Entry - Find your event, click 'Enter', click on the dog you wish to enter, select your stake(s), add your phone and email and click 'Create Entry Form'. Click 'Check Out' to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. Upon payment on PayPal, you will be directed back to Bird Dog Stakes where your entry will be automatically emailed to you and the club.